Nuashonraithe | Updated: Thurs 30 April 2015 at 5pm
- The minor fixtures for the 2015 Antrim All-County Minor Hurling League are out and NCC are in the B division with 9 games to play - all away. The first match is against Gort na Móna in Páirc Mhic Ionrachtaigh, Belfast on Friday 15th May at 7.30pm. Here is the full fixture list:
Fri 15 May 15 - v Gort na Móna (Turf Lodge, West Belfast) 7.30pm
Fri 22 May 15 - v Lámh Dhearg (Hannastown, West Belfast) 7.30pm
Fri 5 June 15 - v Eoghan Rua (Coleraine) 7.30pm TBC
Fri 12 June 15 v Creggan Kickhams 7.30pm
Fri 19 June 15 - v CLG Oisín, Glenariffe 7.30pm
Fri 3 July 15 - v Gaeil Chluainidh, Ahoghill 7.30pm
Fri 17 July 15 - v Tír na nÓg, Randalstown 7.30pm
Fri 7 August 15 - v St Mac Nissi's (Shane O'Neills, Glenarm & Latharna Óg, Larne)
Fri 21 August 15 - v Naomh Gall (Milltown, West Belfast)
- The NCC senior team had two recent outing in the Ulster Táin League Division 1. They fell heavily to a strong An Céide (Keady)
team on Tues 21 April 2015 on a 6-14 to 1-06 scoreline at MUSA, Cookstown. The brilliant club play with four members of the senior squad giving sterling performances seemed to lift the spirits all round and the lads restored some pride in the black and red jersey with a valiant display away from home against league leaders Coillidh Chanannáin (Middletown). Although finishing on the wrong side of the 1-13 to 3-04 scoreline (0-7 to 2-0 at half-time), the team can take some heart from the performance given the upheavals and rebuilding that has been happening since the start of the season. A bigger conundrum approaches now as there is only one fixture in the Ulster league during the months of May and June. Team v Middletown: 1. E. Kirwin 2. P. McCusker 3. P Maguire 4. Jar. Canavan 5. J. McGuigan 6. C. Connolly 7. N. O'Neill 8. S. Carron 9. A. Byrne 10. P. Timlin 11. J. Mór 12. B. Rua (1-0) 13. Ro (2-0) 14. Dara Hagan 15. J. McCann 16. R. Hagan for James McCann (inj) 17. G. Mulgrew for Jar Canavan. Best wishes and quick recovery to James McCann (Clochóg) who sustained a knee injury in the game.
- Tír Eoghain senior hurlers were defeated in the replay against Tír Chonaill on Sat 18 April in Celtic Park, Derry City. This means Donegal will play in Div 2B of the NHL next year and Tyrone will remain in Div 3A.The two teams meet this Sat May 2 in the first round of the Nicky Rackard Cup in Letterkenny. Throw-in is 1pm to accomodate the U21 Footballers who play Tipperary in the All Ireland Final at 6pm in Parnell Park, Dublin.
- Tír Eoghain senior hurlers played out a thrilling 4-13 to 4-13 draw with Dún na nGall at Owenbeg (An Abhainn Bheag) in Dungiven on Sat 11 April 2015 after extra-time. The Cilles were represented by Mike O'Gorman (3), Chris Cross (12), Colm Connolly, Andrew Byrne and George Byrne. Midfielder Shea McKiver has been out with a hamstring injury for the past month and Peter Corr has been working abroad.
- 3 days after their stout performance against Cúchulainn's, the seniors were on the road again (Sunday 12th April 2015) with a long journey to Down team Liatroim Fontenoys (located just outside Castlewellan). They went down by 1-13 to 0-7 and didn't show the same energy and appetite as a few nights before. Liatroim deserved their win and played the better hurling. In saying that, if the Cilles had converted their frees and taken some of their goal chances on the day, it could have been a different story. NCC: Eric Kirwan, Paddy McCusker, Paul Maguire, Liam McIlvenna, Ryan Duff O'Neill, Colm Connolly, Ciarán McNulty, Andrew Byrne, Gary Mulgrew, Brian Rua Taggart, Joe Mór Ó Néill, Niall Ó Néill, Paul Timlin, Dara Hagan, Rory Ó Néill. Jack Ryan for Gary Mulgrew, Seán Timlin for Dara Hagan
- The seniors put in a serious hours hurling in their Ulster Senior League game against Armagh Cúchulainns on Thurs 9th April 2015 at the MUSA (Mid-Ulster Sports Arena). On a dry night, the lads played out a 1-10 to 1-10 (some made it a 1-11 to 1-10 win for the Cilles) draw and gave a heartening, committed performance. The back line played the shirts off their backs along with exccellent performances from Andrew Byrne (midfield), Joe Mór (11), Brian Rua Taggart (10) who shot some lovely long-range points. Big Dara Hagan (14), who was back in the Cilles jersey for the first time since his minor days overhead flicked the crucial goal midway through the second-half, following a long delivery from Rory O'Neill. NCC: Jack Ryan, Paddy McCusker, Paul Maguire, Liam McIlvenna, Ryan Duff O'Neill, Colm Connolly, Ciarán McNulty, Andrew Byrne, Gary Mulgrew, Brian Rua Taggart, Joe Mór Ó Néill, Niall Ó Néill, Paul Timlin, Dara Hagan, Rory Ó Néill - Rory Hagan for Niall Ó Néill, Seán Timlin for Paul Timlin.
- Tír Eoghain lifted the Div 3A National Hurling League Trophy on Sat 4th April following a 0-18 to 0-11 win over Muineachán at An Céide. Congratulations to the Tyrone team and management especially Cillesmen Mike O'Gorman (Full Back), Chris Cross (Left Half Forward), Andrew Byrne, Colm Connolly and George Byrne (Mentor). The Tyrone minors also lifted the Ulster Minor League Div 2 title defeating An Cabhán at Coillidh Chanannáin with Cilles players Ciarán McNulty (1-2) and John Campbell making strong contributions.
- The clubs latest fundraising play 'IT'LL BE ALRIGHT ON THE NIGHT' will soon be apon us as we return to the Craic Theatre a few years after the very successful 'Johnny Nahin' comedy show. The dates are Thurs 23rd, Fri 24th and Sat 25th April 2015 and I am well informed thats its a very funny production with club members all giving up their time to entertain us and raise some much needed club funds. Tickets (£10) are currently on sale from club members and from The Craic Theatre Coalisland. Box office 07523233795 & 07572698364. Come along, enjoy a great night and help keep oil in the engine of NCC.
- Tour of the lough registration still open with Paypal via clubs website: www.naomhcolumcille.com
- No training on Easter Monday and Good Friday. Handball Wednesday and all training times as normal £2 bring water. New comers are always welcome. We are at 109 Washingbay Road, Cloghog, Coalisland. Have a wonderful Easter everyone and don't eat too much chocolate!!
- The senior season began last Sunday 29th March 2015 in Cavanacarragh (An Cabhán Carrach), Fermanagh (Fear Manach) against Lisbellaw (Lios Béal Átha). At half-time the score wasn't pretty. Lisbellaw wearing the Fear Manach jerseys were 10-4 to 1-2 ahead and the Cilles playing with a gale at their backs. The height and reach of JP McGarry was causing havoc in the NCC rearguard with Seán Corrigan also having a field day. Being the very first game since August last year, down a number of county men and in a rebuilding phase, a realistic assessment, analysis and exhortion from management at half-time received a good response from the team for the second half. There was more urgency in the tackle and around break-ball and a much more competitive strain throughout the side. The game finished 12-9 to 1-6 and although heavily beaten on the scoreboard, the lads took heart from the second-half effort. Joe Mór and Chris Cross were consistent in their play throughout the game.The sides meet again in Clochóg on Tues 2nd June 2015. A lot of effort on the training field and with the hurley day by day will be needed between now and then to give a proper challenge to the 2012 Ulster Intermediate champions.
Next match is Easter Mon 6 April at 4pm against Armagh Cuchullains at home. Game is set for Clochóg but it may be switched if the rain keeps up.
- The Tír Eoghain senior hurling team with Cillesmen Mike O'Gorman, Chris Cross, Shea McKiver, Peter Corr, Colm Connolly, Andrew Byrne and George Byrne (mentor) have qualified for the National Hurling League Div 3A final against Muineacháin following further impressive wins over An Lú and Ros Comáin. The game is on Sat April 4th in Keady at 3pm. The winners of this game will play Dún na nGall (losers of the Div 2A relegation match to Maigh Eo) to decide which team will play in Division 2A in 2016.
- The club are running a new youth summer camp this year from Mon July 6th to Thurs July 9th 2015. It is called Campa Cholum Cille and will involve coaching in hurling, handball and rounders as well as a trip, special guests and club gear. More details soon.
- The youngest hurlers in the club (U6, U7 and U8) coaching continues each Friday evening from 6.30pm to 7.30pm indoor in Clochóg Hall. All welcome. Cost is £2 per child. Family cost is £2 for first child and £1 for each child thereafter.
- Six NCC players were part of the Tír Eoghain Senior squad that defeated Fear Manach 4-14 to 2-8 in the NHL on Sun 8th March 2015 at Brewster Park. Mike O’Gorman played full back, Shea McKiver was in Midfield and Chris Cross was right half-forward. Peter Corr, Colm Connolly and Andrew Byrne were on the panel. Mike and Shea caught the eye in the Irish Examiner report.
- Le linn seachtain na Gaeilge, bhain foirne iománaíochta agus camógaíochta NCC idir rang a 5 agus rang a 7 Sciath na Gaeilge agus Sciath Roinn 2 sa bhliots lán-Ghaeilge faoi dhíon i Machaire Fíolta ar an Domhnach 8ú lá de mhí Márta 2015. Fuair siad an bua in éadan Gaelscoile Neachtain, Dún Geimhin 1-0 sa Chraobhchluiche Sciath Roinn a Dó. Cluiche teann, bríomhar a bhí sé.
- During Irish Language week, mixed Hurling and Camogie teams from NCC between P5 and P7 won the Shield for best Irish-speaking team and the Division 2 Shields at the All-Irish Indoor Blitz in Magherafelt on Sunday 8th March 2015. They defeated Gaelscoil Neachtain, Dungiven 1-0 in the Division 2 Shield final. It was a tight, lively game.Click on club twitter icon to access pic of team.
- The U10s & U9s have been very active over the winter, appearing in five indoor blitzes in Mid Ulster, Omagh and Meadowbank, Magherafelt and giving a good account of themselves. Coaching each Mon at the field from 6.30pm to 7.30pm. Cost is £2 per child. Family cost is £2 for first child and £1 for each child thereafter. All Welcome.
- Naomh Colum Cille players have been busy with Tyrone Senior Hurlers in recent weeks. Chris Cross lined out at midfield in the first round draw with Muineacháin in Omagh. In the one point second round win over Fine Gall in Baile Átha Cliath, Mike O'Gorman lined out at fullback, Shea McKiver made a return to the colours at midfield and Chris was at no.12. Peter Corr, Colm Connolly, Andrew Byrne are also part of the squad.
-The Ulster Táin League 2015 fixtures are out http://ulster.gaa.ie/fixtures-and-results/. The Cilles are in a tough Division 1 group and face good, testing games against Fermanaghs Lisbellaw, Armagh Cuchullains, Liatroim Fontenoys from Down, Keady Lámh Dhearg, and Middletown Na Fianna both home and away. The first game is Sunday 29 March and the last is Tues 28th July with no games scheduled in May due to the Nicky Rackard Cup and other inter-county competitions.
- The NCC handballers dedicated efforts continue each Wednesday night in the Hall. Primary from 7 to 8pm and post-primary from 8 to 9. Coaches Paul McKeown and George Byrne recently took part in a coaching course and with numbers increasing all the time, the game has taken firm roots in Clochóg.